Sunday, June 21, 2009

Half a year old!



Where has the time gone? It's so hard to believe that it has been six months since our precious Nico was born. Everyone said that it would go by fast, but I had no idea it would go by this fast. There are days when I tell Nico to slow down, that he's growing up to fast. I am afraid to blink for fear that if I do, he'll be in kindergarten!

One day last week, both Nic and I noticed that Nico changed over night. There was something about that sweet face that matured from the time we put him to bed, to the time he woke up the next morning.

This past month, Nico finally got those feet in his mouth! Everything still goes in the mouth ... feet, hands, toys, paper, and of course, food. He loves eating solids and has gotten really good at it.

He's sitting up pretty well, but we still have to sit nearby because he'll teeter over. Sleeping has gotten much better. We're down to waking up only once a night (around 2 a.m.) most nights. Some mornings, we hear him talking in his crib and when we go in, we find him at the end of the bed looking at and talking to his stuffed animals. It's so stinkin' cute!

Nico's a super happy baby who smiles at everyone and everything. People are always commenting on what a "smiley" baby he is. We are so lucky!

Nico's 6 month stats:
Weight - 20 pounds, 6 ounces (91st percentile)

Height - 26 1/2" (50th percentile)

Head circ - 46 cm (96th percentile)

No comments: