Friday, July 17, 2009

7 months



This picture basically sums up Nico at 7 months ... happy and cool. (Like "Carlos" in the Hangover.)

At 7 months, Nico is still perfecting his sitting. He's gotten much better, but still topples over when he gets excited or tired. He's also working on scooting by rocking back and forth. He likes to imitate an inch worm, but doesn't go anywhere! Nico has gotten good at standing while we hold his hands and can take steps forward. I'm not in a hurry for him to crawl, because I hear that once they do, your world completely changes. (I guess we'd better start thinking about baby proofing the house.)

Personality-wise, Nico is so laid back and flexible, he's happy to do just about anything. His little personality is showing and keeps us laughing daily. It seems like he comes home from school with a new trick weekly.

His best friends are his puppy dogs, Kyla (Ky-ky) and Parker (Par-par). He'll smile upon seeing them and watch their every move. If he gets fussy or mad, all they have to do is lick him and he's fine.

Seems like he's been cutting a tooth for ages, but I really think it is going to pop through any day now. (At least I hope.) He's been in some pain the past week and is scratching the heck outta the bottom gum. I can see the little toof ... if only it would come through.

Hard to believe 7 months has come and gone ... we'll see what the next month holds.

No comments: