Nico is in heaven when we go camping ... he has all the sticks, rocks, water and outside fun that a little boy could want.

Happy camper!

Getting ready for a bike ride to the river

Skipping stones with daddy



Walking along the beautiful Frio River

Exploring a large tree by the river

Nico telling stories at the camp site

This is Nico's angry face when I told him it was time for bath and bed.

Reading books by the camp fire


Hiking up the hills


Taking a break before heading back down

Check out the view!

Caton posing with the chair that ended up on the camp fire after the marshmallow incident.
Full story if you care to know more:
Nico was in bed, Nic was setting up the TV so we could watch a movie, Caton & Steph walked to the bathroom, so I decided to roast a marshmallow. The marshmallow caught on fire and instead of blowing out the flame, I shook the stick. (Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.) The tip of the marshmallow that was on fire flew off the stick and onto my eye lid. After briefly panicking, Nic and I went into the trailer to wash my eye and check out the damage. Meanwhile, strong winds blew the camping chair into the fire! Caton and Steph came back to a burning chair and Nic and I were no where in sight.
This mishap could have ended real badly, but luckily my eye is okay and we didn't catch Garner State Park on fire. Can you imagine?
No comments:
Post a Comment