Monday, June 4, 2012

Best BIG Brother

Nico is an amazing big brother. He is absolutely in love with Livi and tells her every day. He says, "I love you baby sister,"  and then he gives her a hug and kiss. Melt.My.Heart.

 Nico was so proud to give Liv a bottle of milk. He was beaming ear to ear.

Nico likes to keep a watchful eye on his sister and enjoys keeping her company during tummy time. He also knows what is best for sister and has no hesitation telling me. He often tells me not to put the blanket on baby sister's face and asks me to help her when she cries. (Great parenting tips from a 3 year old. Now, if he could only tell me how to get her to sleep through the night.)

Sweet Story: Nico was playing with his toys in the living room, Liv was in her swing, and I was occupied in the other room. I heard Liv crying and headed into the living room. When I walked in, Nico was laying on the ground near the swing singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm singing to baby sister." 

I got sister out of the swing and next thing I know, Nico is crying. When I asked him what was wrong, he said, "I don't want baby sister to be sad." Now, I was almost in tears! How sweet is he?!?!

Then, we had a chat about how babies can't talk so they cry, and aren't actually sad.

No comments: